Welcome Note

Motivation of the Day...
A Place to Inspire and be Inspired



Thursday, April 21, 2011

My teacher gave me a lesson after 20 years

Recently I had the chance to witness the magic of a simple smile. I have always been saying and quoting all famous websites “Smiling makes the suffering in the world less”! But I have never imagined that I would be facing a situation where I can truly believe and witness what a smile can do.


Last night I had a car accident. Don’t worry people, it was a silly accident with no injuries at all. Here I am, alive and writing articles on MOD blog. However, since it was my first car accident I was in a mess! Luckily enough the other driver was such a nice lady. And even though her car was in a worse case than mine, she came out of her car and hugged me and was smiling all the time! I was shaking! But the minute I saw her smile something changed inside of me. Something relaxed. It’s as if she was telling me don’t worry my child, everything is ok. As horrible as any accident could be, such reaction from this lady made it easier for me. Now the funny thing about this story is that the lady turned out to be my kindergarten teacher, and when she knew me SHE WAS REALLY HUGGING ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET AND SCREAMING HER LUNGS OUT! 

Smiles are exactly like clothes we wear to reflect our character. And it is the first thing that people notice about you. Your non-verbal expressions may tell a lot more than your verbal ones about who you are. Some people may not feel like smiling, and it’s alright. Sometimes you are not in a good mood and you don’t feel like smiling, again it’s alright. No need to overdo anything. However I am a total believer of the saying you've gotta want to be happy, in order to be happy” and smiling is the first step to be happy right? 

Today I posted this quote on Facebook MOD pageNever underestimate the power of a smile; it can ease the pain in less than a second”. And Now I can honestly say, God bless those wonderful people we have out there who are spreading such wonderful smiles even to strangers.

So smile. Smiling is contagious; infect others with such a wonderful disease! Spread happiness and relief in this world where even a little smile and a hug can change anything! And remember one thing “Smile and the world smiles with you, Frown and you would not be noticed”



This teacher gave me a lesson exactly after 20 years. No matter how old we get and how terrible situations we face, we can always come out laughing from them if we knew how to relax and handle them patiently. And believe me, Accidents are not a place to laugh in, but yesterday we laughed our eyes out just because of this lovely spirit of my teacher.

So thanks to my teacher who made me realize that the world always looks brighter from behind a smile.

16 comments:

  1. Waw ,, thats amazing..really touching me,, I feel that im watching a movie,, and that moment when the lady turned to be your previous teacher was great and chocking,, this story let me smile and i feel so comfortable and i feel such relief,, coz i still have a hope to find such simple persons who really care about others feeling,, great story,, smile is such a beautiful language,, we all can talk and understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bassam ...
    yes smiling is such a wonderful act of kindness! you can never imagine how it changes the lives of others.
    i have always preached about it.. i have always said those words, and even though i believed them, but i never tested them! now i can talk from confidence bassam! THEY DO MAKE A HUGE EFFECT!

    so please smile!!! smile with all ur heart! and if u cant, well fake it until u make it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Smiles are exactly like clothes we wear to reflect our character"

    I can see your character from your words too.
    nice words Layan, thank you for this amazing article .....

    tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. your more than welcome ammar! you know how much u helped me in this article! it would'nt have been this wonderful without ur amazing touch!
    thanks for the wonderful picture and for the wonderful and inspiring title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice article Layan, wish your life will be filled with smiles :)
    Keep going in posting such wonderful articles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....
    This accident.. I mean this article touched me.. :P

    like Karen McLendon-Laumann said..
    "Smiling is infectious, you catch it like the flu. When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too."

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks hussam :):):) i will keep on posting articles as long as ideas never run out from me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL nour!!! hehehee you loved the accident ? :p
    i loved it too to be honest! even though it was a bad thing, but as usally said, there is always a good thing behind every bad thing!!

    and Karen McLendon-Laumann is a wise person! lets catch the smiling disease! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice article..Motivation of the day is the best groupp..:) keep them coming! God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Anonymous :):) sure will
    am glad u liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. woow !!!
    awesome article layan !,, really amazing :D
    as they said " smile & you can get anything u want " :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes indeed lina :)
    smiling can get u through anything :) i envy my teacher for her ability to smile in stressful situations like this one!
    hopefully i will be like her :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    amazing article .....
    when u smile the world will smile with u
    really it touch my heart and my soul

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks anonymous number 2 :)
    am glad u liked the article <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing article layan:):) kol 7aki tle3 b3d ma shoftni:p had ana ele maf3oli:p:p
    always smile what ever happen:)7amdallah 3la salameh

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks najwan! u have ur magic ;)
    u inspired me to write! LOL
    love u girl

    ReplyDelete