Welcome Note

Motivation of the Day...
A Place to Inspire and be Inspired



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Switch the Channel.. Turn the Mess to a Bless


Have you ever felt a sudden rush and the capability to do anything you want? Suddenly your mood is perfect, you are excited and you are willing to do anything crazy that might jump into your mind. This positive energy flowing all over you and taking over anything else has been triggered by a certain idea, a certain action or in simpler words by any trigger.


There are well known mood shifters to everyone but usually each and everyone has his own list of the "Happy Pills" that will do an amazing effect within few minutes. I am not going to pretend I know the rules, because simply I don’t! I know what makes me as "Layan" tick so that’s what I will be talking about.

Before a couple of months I went to a yoga class, the teacher; Chris; such an amazing person with lots of wisdom to share, talked about Mood Shifters. He said that we should write our own list in a moment of peace. We should write the things that makes us laugh, gives us a comfy emotion inside and things that make us grateful once we hear them! And so I did. Here we go:

Music. Most of us are aware how effective upbeat music can be. Turn the music on, Loud enough, and move every single part of you! "Dance the pain away" as they say. Release all the negative energy that you have been holding inside. I sometimes do it at work! I hit the “GO CRAZY” list on ITunes and immediately even if slightly my mood shifts. 

Sing ! - Rina

Lose yourself in the Music - Rina


Exercises. Move it people! Physical movement gives you mental movement! Hit the gym, hit the road. Go for a run. As long as you’re moving, your mind will automatically shifts from what’s making you grumpy. 

Move it! - Rina

Get Crazy ! - Me


YOGA and Meditation. Now this is amazing. For those who tried it they know how effective it is. It relaxes your body, and gives you a wonderful workout and it simply clears your mind. Don’t judge it until you try it by your ownself.

A little bit of Meditation - Rina

A Little bit of Yoga - Me

Cleaning! De-cluttering is one of the best techniques I have. I immediately start tiding my drawers, bit by bit my stress and my anger are released by each paper cut. 

Sadly I have no pictures of me Cleaning

Coloring. Yes I am 26 years old and I still have my coloring books! Special cartoons too! It has to be colored perfectly to shift my focus from whatever is bothering me. I just open one of the books and release my coloring talents.

My Coloring Books and Me

Some of My Art

Gratitude List. Make a list of all the little things that you are thankful of. Start each sentence with “I am thankful for ….” Each time I feel like something has been taken away from me, or that something is not going as planned, I take this list out and read it for a while. 

My Gratitude List

Best friends. Some friends can really lift your mood above the sky limit. One of the best things is that you can do crazy things together! You can talk about anything with them! This has its magical touch on our mood. It’s one of the best mood shifters I have.

Rina and my Sister - Best Friends

Sometimes we feel really bad and we don’t know why, or even worse, we do know but we don’t want to dig deep. We just want to feel better NOW! So prepare this magical list, have your “Switch-the-Mood-Session” by combining a mix of the mood shifters in the list and rate each point before and after. 

Remember it’s ok to feel bad and not in the mood. We are humans and its within the human’s nature to have our dark moments, however analyze it, release it and WORK ON IT! Don’t make it a habit to stay gloomy.


Let’s have a little exercise now, tell us, what is your number one mood shifter? Share your “Happy Pills” with everyone.


17 comments:

  1. This is an amazing article. I love it and it is so true. Thanks for sharing :)This is the best page ever..:)God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I agree 100%... I was trying hard to convince my friends that they must be careful in listneing to songs while they are driving! For me, my happy pills are "Dabka" songs (Asi Hilani, Melhem Zain..), + Horse riding :)

    btw: Using images + your style of writing = Wonderful Article ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mohdraza thanks dear :):):) its the best because it has the best supporters ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. marwaaaan! I SAW UR DABKA! good way to shift your mood dude!
    thanks for the compliment :)
    the images are there to prove my case :p LOL those are the things that makes me happy! no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article....Have off today and am going to clean the house while listening to music, maybe a little gardening. I need a mood booster today. Had a dream killer last night that seriously brought me way down. Still on high from the good Cancer free scan, talked to a friend last night who "shared" news about a woman just like me who after 2 years her cancer came back ...within a year she was dead, and oh btw she suffered so that year. Wonderful friend but I dont know where her head was at sharing that with me right now........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats great ,, and yes unusual no one expects this article to be like this ,, really simple but real and emotional,, and yes when I read even i dont know layan personally I feel now that i really know you and now I know why your page is very adorable,, cool,, and successful,,
    About me the happy pills; watching movies ,, eating i like to eat a lot esp chocolate and chips when feel depressed also listening to yanni music and relaxation ,
    I enjoy this blog,, and each time i know you have something interesting to come,, we will wait the next blog impatiently.Keep it up we are proud of you layan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon dear <3<3<3 BE POSITIVE! if it happened to ur friend its not going to happen to you! my grandfather had cancer, and it cleared out of his system! he lived happily till 84 years !
    he had the most positive attitude ever! and i know u dear! U R ONE OF THE MOST POSITIVE PEOPLE I KNEW! u affected my life so much!
    so yes! work in the garden with high music on! DANCEEEEEEE! throw cancer cells out of the window! we dont need them near do we??? ;)
    love u sooo much dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bassaaaaaaaaaaaam! :):) see i can always surprise u :p i told u yesterday its funny in a good way :p
    i totally forgot to add movies and chocolate :(:( those two in particular can do magic for me!

    :):):) thanks dear for the lovely comment about the page :):) ur such a sweet person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice & natural article. The photos are great and supports your points.
    Regarding my mood shifters I share some with you: music, exercises, and friends ;)
    Good work Layan, keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing article layan and as always you look great .now for my happy pills is watching. all my kids and pretty nieces grow up and be as happy as can be .great job habibty i love what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful package from MOD

    This awesome article told us that

    We can be happy all the time
    We can be self motivators
    We can be others motivators
    We can convert Negative energy to Positive energy help us to move on :)

    Even i didn't read the article before posted t, Layan u well be always shine with you magical words ;)

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing article Layan! simply amazing..

    i know that u always do a great job but this is the bestest article ever for u! even that its so simple.. i know that ur writing and keep posting cuz u "love" what u are doing here and on MOD page.. and u want to help people from all over the world to be positive and switch their bad mood to a great mood by a simple click ..

    this is the spirit! u can turn ur posts into a magnet easily to make people just wanted to read ur posts over and over again!! eagerly waiting for ur every next article ;)

    the only thing i can say about this article is .. this is Layan and she is amazing person :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh! i forgot posting my happy pills..

    when feeling down or falling in a bad mood.. i have to talk to someone .. one of my best friends .. some times i have nothing to say cuz there is no reason for the bad mood but i have to talk :$
    and making someone happy change my mood in return .. hanging out.. watching cartoons .. eating chocolate and my fav salad .. LOL .. and many other things .. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hussam, Thanks :) am glad you liked the article ;)

    Khalto Nermeen, and you have such wonderful kids and nieces don’t you ? :p

    Ammar, thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks for the compliment :) am glad you liked it.. from now on I will keep surprising you like others :p

    Haneen :$:$:$:$ thanks my dearest friend! You have always supported me! And you’re saying this because I am ur friend :p am really happy you loved this one :$:$:$ it took me a while to turn something so documentary and theoretical into a personal touch :p of course special thanks to Rina who helped me with the pictures :) btw lovely happy pills you have out there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok i'm waiting the new article from now .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love the pictures! I see joy in your faces! Joy is such a great emotion! Today started with much anxiety and could have ruined a beautiful day off. I could have sat on the couch and wallowed in my misery but I decided to do the things that make my soul happy.....and I had an absolutely wonderful day off. If I would have let my problem overtake me I would not be sitting here with a smile on my face! And now I can deal with my problem in a more relaxed way to find solutions. Oh and by the way...MOD Rocks!
    And I dont know how to make hearts on the computer but if I did I'd send you a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. am glad u had an amaazing day off Sharon :):):)thats the spirit my friend! and i can see it in you! u have such a wonderful personality that shines all over ur comments!
    and yes MOD ROCKS because the fans are simply AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!
    hearts are made by < and 3 sticked together like this <3

    ReplyDelete