Welcome Note

Motivation of the Day...
A Place to Inspire and be Inspired



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You betrayed me but …


So I have realized how many of you are suffering from this problem! And since I had 3 wonderful incidents of my own on this topic beside what I see from people’s suffering around me, I decided it's time to write about it don’t you think? I am warning you people, this might be a long emotional post, but I think it's worth your reading time.



We are rubbing betrayal shoulder by shoulder each and every day! It is such a big word with so many disgusting examples on it. Betrayal of a romantic partner, betrayal of a friend and even betrayal of our ownselves. However I will be only talking about Friends Betrayals. So let's get deeper with this issue. 

Lately I have been betrayed by one of my friends. YES! I have been stabbed with one of the biggest knives you can imagine! One day I was wiping her tears out and the next day I was being talked about  Yet I swallowed my pride and ignored the situation, only to be betrayed again by the same person. Being so positive and not judgmental, I didn’t do anything and held it up inside my heart only to be betrayed again for the third time!!!! I have been called so many things and I usually don’t care, but from a close friend? Well, that HURTS! And three times are enough chances don’t you think? A best friend is someone closer than a sister or a brother sometimes, so YA I have been hurt badly and enough is enough!

The betrayal of a friend is a less damaging than a romantic partner’s betrayal but as much annoying as any form of betrayal. Friends are your sisters and brothers from outside the family zone. You share many moments, you have fun together, you face many life moments together and all of a sudden something changes! Instead of a loving friend you are faced with an iceberg! You're wondering what went wrong only to discover later that you have been stabbed with the betrayal knife in your back! SHOCKING BUT TRUE!

I took my time to grieve over my lost friendships, I cried my eyes out and I bothered enough people with it. I even got sick from it! Time to stand up on my feet! But how?

Getting over betrayal is not easy but achievable. Baby steps people, that's the secret of any achievement.
First thing, run. Yes you have read the sentence right. RUN it out… I am sure you are not ready to face it now, you are hurt and ashamed and to some extent you think you are stupid. You are not ready to declare those things yet. So, do whatever you have to do to make yourself happy. Numb the pain for a while, but keep a reminder of it somewhere close so you won't get too numbed. You have to face it eventually. Talking from experience, I numbed my pain way too much that it came flying out of my ears at the wrong time on the wrong person. So learn how to balance it. Go out for fun, enjoy your day, lose track of yourself, but then get back to your room, look your betrayal in the eye and gaze into its heart, then head to bed!

Study the situation. Flip it through your mind. Do you have all the information? Have you covered the whole situation? Sometimes, we give things a bigger volume and larger weight than it is just because we received the news in a bad and wrong way. Learn more about what you're getting into. Is it betrayal or misunderstanding? Don’t be quick in judgments! Don’t lose friendship over a silly matter.

When you are ready, FACE IT! Scream, shout it out loud but take it from me, learn to whom. Don’t go to friends. Unless you are 100% sure they are true friends. Take their advices; they are looking to the situation from outer perspective so most probably they know better. I usually write everything on a piece of paper, then burn it and watch all my misery fly with the smoke. (Do not try it in your rooms people, you will burn the house!!!)

Lost track of my problem, Studied, analyzed, cried, and screamed. What next? Learn to accept and forgive. Don’t forgive the betrayal act, but forgive them for losing your trust and friendship. Believe me they are suffering as much as you do plus they are labeled as betrayers. That is enough consequence. Don’t hold the grudge. Learn how to get over it and just move on with your life. Believe me they WILL move on and most probably they have already did, so why won't you? I am telling you guys, the secret to overcome anything in this world is acceptance. I know it’s easier said than done, but some people are doing it, why can’t you? It’s not about who causes your tears, it's about who's there to wipe them away. Make room for other friends to get closer, to wipe your tears away. There is still sunshine over this bridge, so CROSS IT!

Losing a friendship is not easy, it’s very hard and it hurts so much, it’s like taking off a bandage, it hurts so much at the beginning but then you see the wound healing underneath it so you forget the annoying feeling. Just hold on and things will get better I PROMISE YOU THAT! 

We are all human beings, and we are social by nature, so be careful not to lose a person over a silly reason. Give excuses, and give more excuses over and over again, until you have found that there is no return! Only then, break free from this relation and Move on. 

Remember one thing, no pain lasts forever and no relation is mistake-free.


Thinking about the title of this article, I have realized its missing a sentence don’t you think so? And now that the article is finished, the title can be finished too…

You betrayed me but …
From the Aches of my Broken Heart I will Rise

10 comments:

  1. wooow ! i have nothng to say to be honest..
    I hav expernced this as well someone whom i trusted the most stabbed me frm da back...and since than i have never trustd anyone and dnt want to have a best frnd..you knw there is saying " sometimes your own best friend can hurt you the most" I totally believe it now..its sad people do this kind of things..Thanks for sharing :) God bless you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mohdraza, sorry but i have to tell u that this is wrong. Dont generalize things based on one or two people. i am not telling you to give ur trust to everyone u see in the street, but some people really deserves it.
    So instead of such an extreme decision, learn to whom u give ur trust. and believe me when i say, best friends are not always like this, some best friends i have ARE AMAZING! i am blessed to find them..

    its all a matter of a well studied decision before be-friending anyone ;)

    am glad u enjoyed the article

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article Layan :)
    when you are backstabbed, this means you are in the foreground. so, take this as a starting point in healing from your hurts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog layan,, its very emotional,, we all faced this situation,, yes the answer is the acceptance and the forgiveness and then let go, and many people will find out that very late,, yes we shouldn't take any decision while we are so angry or give promises while we are so happy, (no pain lasts forever and no relation is mistake-free), I like the way you hide the title of the article thats creative.yes I will rise !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there is no need to say that this is amazing.. great job or whatever! :p cuz all of ur articles are really really wonderful and touch our hearts ..

    being betrayed by a friend or actually "best friend" is one of the most things that hurts ALOT!! i've been betrayed by my best friends twice.. and both were from different friends.. the first was from one of my closest friend since school days and the other since a year ago! so i can say that i had enough from this .. these were the worst days of my life! it wasn't that easy thing at all.. and to be honest i was so "drama queen" :$ LOL! seriously.. that was really annoying thing and i cried over it alot! but i had to get over it and "rise" .. after what happened twice i thought that there is nothing called "bestfriend" in our life! no one deserve to be trusted!
    but now i can say i seriously have the best friends ever, I love them alot.. i can count on them all the time and they are the sisters i wish i had.. <3 ;)
    finding a best friend is like a gift from God to us.. so we have to hold it as much as we can.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Layan if i want to tell you what is my feeling about this Article, i will be a layer, because i don't find the words that i need to say in any dictionary .... :)

    So just i want to say Wonderful words, with a Wonderful Sense that u have that make the equation equal Wonderful Article ... and i love it :)

    Gd work Layan, Keep t up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing one.. Layan! AMAZING!!
    we all have been through this.. and for me .. the hardest part is ..
    "forgive them for losing trust and friendship"!!
    it takes me a long time to do that!!
    this article touched me deeply!! remind me to give u a big hug when i c u :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just what i really want to read today! thank you! you made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, on my 29 years I have understood that you can rely only on yourself and thats it!!! noone you can trust, even your relatives. I am serious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we all gone thru this, but the samrt one who learn from it, it happen to me at school time where friendship was the most precius thing in our life, it was like slap on my face, then i become more carful when it come to friends, i have good friends but i don't give my 100% unless they give me, and i don't count on them, even i am there best friend. i don't know but this is more safer for me.
    C.K

    ReplyDelete