Welcome Note

Motivation of the Day...
A Place to Inspire and be Inspired



Sunday, May 22, 2011

Perfectly Enough


Sometimes you do the best you can whether within your family, friends, work and school. You just feel you need to give more and more. I know this feeling, we have all experienced it somehow, one way or another!


You treat your parents the best way you know, you give love and you do everything just how you are supposed to do. You give 100% of your effort in your friendships and relations, you listen to their thoughts, you help with their problems, you laugh with them and cry when they are sad.  In work or studying, it is a bit harder to judge, others are judging based on what you are giving. You are being graded according to your performance. But again you are studying so hard for your exams or you are preparing yourself for the upcoming work meeting. 

Still…. There is this feeling that you are not doing enough! A little voice inside your head telling you “You’re still not good enough” 

But why? You might hear a word from one person that will change the way you feel for the rest of the day, no matter how others tried to cheer you up, your day has been ruined by that word. Even a look sometimes can make you feel not good enough especially if it’s from someone close! 

We are so affected by our surroundings, because as a matter of fact, we are sensitive creatures. Even the heartless people around us can sense defeat, can feel sadness and can simply FEEL. That’s why words are so effective and they touch our lives.

So, whenever you’re feeling that you’re not good enough weight the situation out. Ask yourself the following questions and be honest with yourself with the answers:
  • Did I give 100% effort in what I did?
  • Did I put those 100% efforts in the right place?
  • Am I happy about what I did?
  • Can I do more?
  • Can I do better if I change something in the way I did it before?
Now the answers to those questions can really give you so much relief. Yes I have given 100% effort in everything I have done and yes they were in the right places. Yes I am happy about how I did and about what I did. NO, I cannot give more and change the outcome. Yes, I can do better but again it won’t affect the outcome. 

So as a conclusion to those questions, I HAVE DONE THE BEST I COULD. And I am Good Enough.

Don’t fall into self pettiness; it’s so unhealthy to do so. Whenever you’re in a place to doubt yourself, lift yourself up high in the skies because as long as u petty yourself you won’t believe in your powers and as long as you don’t believe in yourself you will never do better than what you have already done. You can even read “Switch the Channel.. Turn the Mess to a Bless” article that I have posted on Mood shifters and prepare your own mood shifters list.

Know yourself more. Sit with yourselves and be honest. Establish some major rules in your life, boundaries where no one is even allowed to cross and dare to make you feel low about yourself. You know who you are, and you’re the best to judge what you feel. So don’t allow other people to control that feeling.

So listen to me little voice of mine, “I AM GOOD ENOUGH! I am even the best” and those who don’t see this, well… you missed out!


4 comments:

  1. this one is best of the best !! :D keep up the good work :))
    Dima Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layan i keep asking the same question,, now i got the answer ;(I AM GOOD ENOUGH! I am even the best” and those who don’t see this, well… you missed out!) thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article Layan :)
    keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article! Keep it in!

    ReplyDelete